A Course in Manifestation - Week 2

Week 2: A Time to Choose


“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.”
Kahlil Gibran


Now that I have spent a week re-viewing my life and identifying all the areas that I like and what I would like to change, it is time to make some choices.

My choices are about what action to take. I remember that what I resist persists. Therefore non resistant is the most logical action to take. This means that I must practice detachment and the art of being passive. I do not need to defend my point of veiw – defensiveness creates resistance. An attitude of self defense says to me that I need to defend my right to be here. I do not need to defend that right, I am already here. This means that I already have the right.

Some things cause me to feel immense joy and wonderment. These things I will focus my attention on and become involved with. Some things cause me to feel afraid and guilty. Involvement here may cause me to feel emotions of anger, worry and frustration. These emotions create resistance and the cause will persist in my awareness. I must be like a river stone, and be still, and know that to be alive is to experience all emotion, and as it washes over me I can choose how I will react. I know that no reaction is also a reaction.

I use the Hawaiian practice of Ho'oponopono to help me with my attitude of non resistance. Ho'oponopono is a system of reconciliation and forgiveness. I will say these four statements over and over, either silently or aloud:

“I love you, I'm sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you.”

I love you is for the Divine – the Divine is love and I want to connect with that love. I'm sorry is for my part in creating that which is in my awareness, and in my life. I had a role, whatever that may be, I am not to blame but I am responsible. Please forgive me places my energy in a place where it can be cleansed of my role in the event. Thank you expresses gratitude and faith that it is done.

This is all I need to do for this week.....

Summary:
-I will decide where I will place my attention. I will focus on bringing joy into my life.
-I will choose my actions, either to be involved and therefore create resistance, or to be detached and be non resistant.
-I will say these statements to help me release resistance:
“I love you, I'm sorry, Please forgive me, Thank you.”


Week 3